Last week was fashion week in Lagos, the host of the Arise Africa Fashion Show where seventy seven African designers were represented. Well established and internationally known African designers were present such as Ozwald Boateng, Tiffany Amber, Lozo Maleombho, Gavin Rajah, to name a few. The show was inaugurated in Cape Town in 2009 and was a big success this year despite the two day delay caused by the lack of electricity. Very glamorous they all say! There was lots of color, lace, transparent fabrics and sleek, sexy black designs. The look is international but with a very clear African sensibility in terms of patterned fabric, use of color, and traditional references. If you want to see more images check out Fashionista .Some people are born with style no matter the circumstances: Here is an elderly Turkana man strolling in the desert North of Kenya.
Welcome & thanks for visiting my site: Explore the posts, browse by Category, or Search. If you would like to get periodic News & updates please visit the Contact pg and join the Mailing List. I’d love to get any Comments you may have so feel free to write!
- Paa Joe & The Lion (@PaaJoeTheLion) on A quick stop at Paa Joe on our way to Kumasi, Ghana
- Jed on Miriam Makeba: World-Famous South African Singer & Civil Rights Activist
- Nandipha Mntambo – Beeldende Kunst « Marlies in Afrika on Interview with South African artist Nandipha Mntambo
- To be successfull in conservation you must work with the communities… « The Milgis Journal on Kenyan Nurse Rita makes it happen: A well run clinic in Northern Kenya
- Summertime in Europe: African artists have much to say at art event Documenta 13 in Germany has a gooAfrican Art at Documenta in Kassel Germany | Happening Africa on Interview with artist Zanele Muholi from South Africa